Monday, February 16, 2015

#whatilikeaboutme

while crusin' my twitter feed earlier today, i saw a post that caught my eye. the tweet said "love who you are today" with the hashtag: what i like about me (but in true hashtag, no space between words fashion). after reading the post i was totally inspired to do my own "what i like about me." it's true that all too often we get caught up in the things we can fix, the things we could work on, and the things we're doing wrong that we forget to think about the good stuff. the things we ARE working and making progress on, the things we don't have to fix, the things we're doing RIGHT. thank you to runstretchgo for the inspiration!! 

#whatilikeaboutme

fitness-wise
  •  i work hard at my goals. i set a mileage goal sunday night for the week, write it down in my planner, then i achieve those goals. if i have a goal of 6 miles on monday, i run 6 miles on monday. of course if something comes up and i have to cancel, so be it. besides that, i take my goals very seriously and push myself to get them done. 
  • i look and feel good. when i first started running i was around 134 lbs, which is the most i have ever weighed. (i'm 5'4) i was in no way obese, but i did not take great care of myself. now, i fluctuate between 115-118 lbs. this is a healthy weight for my height. although i'm hard on myself and sometimes say 'ugh my stomach looks huge' or 'ugh i look so fat in this' in the back of my mind i need to remember i have come along way and i look great. 
  • i am strong and healthy. on a good day, i can run 6 miles like its nothing. some days it takes a little more effort, but regardless i can always do it. (not too long ago i could barely stand running 1 mile!!)
  • i don't give up on myself. if i have a bad run one day, it just fuels me to try harder and do better the next.
  •  i'm not too hard on myself & i'm true to what i enjoy. yeah, i'm going to have a salad for lunch and make overall healthy food choices..but no i'm not going to turn down that cupcake or a piece of carvel cake. i understand moderation. i embrace moderation. (unless we're talkin' about mimosas) ;) 
 personal-wise 
  • i am reliable. if i tell someone i am going to do something, i do it. 
  • i am always on time. seriously. i grew up with a mother who always made me late for everything. i hated it and made a promise to myself that i would not be that way when i grew up. 
  • i am honest. sometimes, brutally honest, but always honest. sometimes this means telling people things they don't want to hear. especially at work. (i'm an elementary school special educator)
  • i am GOOD at throwing themed parties. i love them.
  • i'm a good dog mom. 
  • i'm a good friend and an overall good person. i hold myself to a high moral standard. i'm not proud of that as often as i should be. 


what do you like about you? it feels good to focus on the positive, instead of the negative. how often do we talk ourselves up, rather than talk ourselves down? love, love, love the idea of this post!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment