Tuesday, January 20, 2015

homemade dog treats!

i am a crazy dog owner. i LOVE my dog. i have framed pictures of my dog in my house. i have no kids to frame pictures of...does that make me sound any less crazy? aaanyway, i have been trying to find a good recipe for homemade dog treats. mind you, i do not bake for myself or my boyfriend. i bake for my nieces' parties and i bake for my dog. that's it. i am no master chef or baker. these are easy-peasy and a doggy crowd pleaser.

what you will need:
1 1/2 cups of coconut flour
1 cup of smooth peanut butter
1 cup of unsweetened applesauce (i make my own-no thanks, high fructose corn syrup!!)
3 eggs

what you gotta do:
preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
in a large bowl,  thoroughly combine all your ingredients.  
roll into bite-sized balls on a no-stick baking sheet. 
bake for 10-15. depends on the size of the treats (until golden brown is good) 
share with that pup!! 


you have to store them in the fridge. your furbaby is going to love them, so don't worry-they won't take up space for long. it's about a 7 minute prep time, 10-15 minute cook time. totally worth it for your four-legged pal. i use them for training as well as just a treat to show my girl she's being a good dog! my sister in law makes them with 2 cups of whole wheat flour and only 2 eggs. the pups enjoy them just the same! peanut butter goes a long way with our labs.



any good doggy cookie recipes? what do you like to treat your four legged friend with?

No comments:

Post a Comment