Tuesday, January 27, 2015

kicks


(first things first, i don't know much about blog etiquette. although..one thing i do know is that when people are talking about a product or brand, they mention whether they were paid to say good things or not. let's make something clear...i am not paid to do anything on the Internet. i enter some grades here and there, that's the gist of it. i bought these new shoes, i like them, and now i want to tell you about them. I have 30 Twitter followers for christ's sake...no sneaker companies are asking me to talk about their stuff. ok..moving on)

i go through a lot of running shoes. usually shoes last me about 400 miles and then i like to switch them up. i must admit another reason. my feet get seriously smelly. especially if i have used a sneaker to run in the rain, washed them, and then sweat in them again. for some reason those shoes are extra smelly and extremely embarrassing to take out around people at the gym. i am not a shoe lady by any means. i wear birkenstock clogs/sandals and boots that i bought at marshall's, whose brand remains unknown to me. i am a sneaker lady, though. i love love love shopping for new sneakers.  i only wear my sneakers to run though. i am not a sneaker and jean kind of gal, either. this is the first time pink has slipped into my wardrobe since i learned to dress myself.


the sole of these shoes have "#findyourstrong" imprinted on them. i do not understand the point of this, but hey, it's 2015 and i don't understand the point of much anymore. for example the meaning of the word "bae" (which my
5th graders say more often than i would like to hear) honestly, what is a "bae"?? someone help.


imprints all over the place on these bad boys. thankfully, this one actually makes sense to me. "8 mm OFFSET" is what those tiny little letters spell. the offset is the difference in height from heel to toe of a shoe. the mm stands for millimeters, which is what the offset is measured in. traditionally sneakers have been 10mm-12mm. of course there have been exceptions to the "traditional sneaker" (running flats, those shoes that look like toe socks). the 8 mm is supposed to improve the ride and stability, while still allowing for a less emphasized heel strike. it is also supposed to encourage a more natural stride. i honestly didn't notice much of a difference from my old shoes that had a 10mm offset. i have heard (from my dad) that a 4mm is a little harder to get used to, if you go straight from 10 to 4.



i have been seriously loving these. since it is winter in New England (it's a blizzard outside right now), i unfortunately haven't gotten outside for many runs recently. i have been hitting the TM though and if shoes work for me on the TM then i certainly don't question their outside potential. prior to switching up my shoes, i was starting to feel a little nagging in my knee. i haven't felt the nagging at all since switching. 8 miles (on the TM) in my old shoes would have left me with that little pain, i tried 8 in these (on the TM) and didn't feel it during or after my run. i have no reasoning behind this and i'm not even sure if it's all in my head but either way...it works for me.

are you a running-shoe junky? do you use different sneakers for running and cross training? what sneaks do you love?

2 comments:

  1. I run in Brooks and love them. I ran my first 5K last year in the Ravenna, and I switched to the Glycerine model last fall and ran my first 10K in those. I'm probably going to Marathon Sports to have my stride checked out as a birthday present to myself later this spring... and also because I love any excuse to buy new sneaks! You're not alone in that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my dad loves that place! he is the reason i am obsessed with running shoes...every time i go visit he has a new pair to show off. you'll have to let me know how it goes/how awesome it is/how badly i need to go there.

      Delete